The Author of Tomorrow Award is designed to find the adventure writers of the future. The 2018 Author of Tomorrow is open for submission until 12th March 2018.
The award is run in partnership with Worldreader, a charity on a mission to make everyone a reader. Together, we hope the award will play its part in improving global literacy levels. It is open to anyone aged 21 and under who has completed a short piece of adventure writing in English.
To enter the Author of Tomorrow Award
- The author must be aged 21 and under
- The piece of short fiction entered must be between 1500 and 5000 words
- The submitted work must, in the opinion of the judges, fall within what can be defined as adventure writing (using the definition provided here)
The author must provide
- An electronic copy of their piece of short fiction
- A short synopsis of their work (included in the same document)
- A scanned copy of their birth certificate or alternative proof of age
The 2018 Author of Tomorrow closes on 12th March 2018. Any story submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
The winning author will receive £1,500 pounds sterling and digital publication with Worldreader.